Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hard For Me (Little Thoughts)

If you only knew 
The pain you put me through, 
As you're standing right 
In front of me. 
And yet you've done nothing, 
You see. 
Except for cause 
A little thought 
That gets me in trouble 
All the time. ttt5And now, you see, 
I've changed my ways, 
But the reminder of it 
Always stays. 
I once had arms 
That held me tight; 
The hands of which 
Caused me to fight. 
Fear was what I thought about. 
Depression was what I dreamt about. 
And love is what had made me stay, 
All along those many days. 
Empty promises, 
And broken dreams; 
Still he told me, 
He loved me so. 
I really should have 
Let home go. 
Though he gave me 
Everything I wanted, 
The price I shouldn't have had to pay. 
In spite of everything, 
I'd take him back, 
If he promised one more time 
To change. 
And every night 
I sleep alone; 
And in my dreams, 
I'm back at home. 
I wake up, still alone. 
And that's the little thought 
You see. 
And that's what makes it 
Hard for me. 

2008
Christina Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment